TERMS & CONDITIONS
1. Deposit and cancellation: Your initial deposit reserves your event date and order and is non-refundable and non-transferable. We must receive the remainder of the balance no later than 2 weeks (10 working days) prior to the event date or the contract is null and void, and deposit will not be refunded. The total cost is non-refundable if your order is cancelled within 2 weeks (10 working days) of the order due date.
2. The date of your final payment is the final date for any changes of size, style or flavours of the cake. Any changes requested after this date cannot be guaranteed. Changes may be subject to additional charges.
3. Delivery and setup is made according to any directions given by the client; i.e. to the address (venue) listed, on the date indicated by email.
4. Kitchen at 4a is not responsible for any damage to the cake after setup is complete. You are responsible for providing an appropriate and secure table and environment for the cake(s). Cakes can be heavy and require a sturdy table, and optimal room temperature of 15C-23C.
5. If flowers are provided by an outside source you acknowledge that fresh flowers are not a food product, and may contain pesticides, insects, dirt, or other contaminants. Kitchen at 4a is not responsible for the quality or freshness of the flowers provided by an outside source.
6. If you or your representative elect to pick up and set up the cake, you assume all liability and responsibility for the condition of the cake once it leaves the Kitchen.
7. All cakes are photographed and we reserve the right to use any photographs for display or promotion.
8. Our products may contain or come into contact with milk, wheat, nuts, egg, soy, and other allergens.
9. Quoted portion numbers are estimates only. Exact numbers will depend on how the caterer cuts the cake. You agree to get approval of cake tier sizes from your caterer, i.e. confirmation that the cake tiers are large enough for the caterer to cut into the required number of portions. Changes to the required cake tier sizes must be made in writing no later than two weeks before the wedding.
10. We will make every effort to match swatches of material or other colour examples you provide as closely as possible, however, some colours simply cannot be recreated in buttercream and therefore may not be a perfect match.